Welcome to WALKIE TALKIE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to WALKIE TALKIE

Just raise your voice

HomeWEBSITEREPORTPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you know why they built the Great Wall in China?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hannibal
Admin
hannibal

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Do you know why they built the Great Wall in China? Empty
PostSubject: Do you know why they built the Great Wall in China?   Do you know why they built the Great Wall in China? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 6:43 pm

This ad for broadband has been one of the funniest and the most successful TV ads in Australia. Broadcast in 2006, it is still remembered now. In addition, it has been voted to be the most successful Aussie TV ad of all times. Hope you will enjoy it and feel inspirational.
Back to top Go down
hannibal
Admin
hannibal

PostSubject: Re: Do you know why they built the Great Wall in China?   Do you know why they built the Great Wall in China? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 5:07 pm

Hope that you find the ad funny. If you cant hear all the words, do not blame yourself on that, Australian English is always one of the least comprehensive one in the world. You can see that the dad speaks with a truly Australian accent which is quite rough, unclear and vibrant. There is a joke about the way Australian speak English. It says that they seem to speak English without opening their mouths at all, and it is too prevent flies from getting into their mouths. There are a lot of flies in the country areas of Australia.

Here is script of the ad. Hope that with this, you will enjoy the ad more.
Son: Dad, why did they make the Great Wall of China?
Dad: That was ... during the year, the time of Emperor Nashi Goreng and it was to keep the rabbits here, too many rabbits in China
Teacher's voice: OK, now, Daniel will do his talk on China.

Note: Nashi Goreng is an Indonesian dish and means fried rice. There was not an emperor Nashi Goreng in the history of China and the dad just made it up.
Back to top Go down
Christine

Christine

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Do you know why they built the Great Wall in China?   Do you know why they built the Great Wall in China? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 6:51 pm

Hi hannibal,
this ad is really funny Very Happy . To be honest, I always fell discouraged when listening to Australian accent. I find it easier to understand american english than aus english. Actually, i cannot understand what the father said to his son without seeing the script you gave us. So can you share with us some advice to hear the aus accent?
Back to top Go down
hannibal
Admin
hannibal

PostSubject: Re: Do you know why they built the Great Wall in China?   Do you know why they built the Great Wall in China? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 7:17 pm

I really cant think of anything else rather than listening to it. I could not understand the ad at first and after seeing it on TV for tens of times, I got it at last. I think you can stick with either american or British English. Being good at it will help you understand other accents also.
Back to top Go down
xitun

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Do you know why they built the Great Wall in China?   Do you know why they built the Great Wall in China? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 7:51 pm

huhu.This man reminds me of my English teacher.Sad(
Back to top Go down
Poinsettia

Poinsettia

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Do you know why they built the Great Wall in China?   Do you know why they built the Great Wall in China? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 11:18 am

:cry:I have not been able to download the clip yet
Back to top Go down
http://www.foxconn.com
Heartofmine
Admin
Heartofmine

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Do you know why they built the Great Wall in China?   Do you know why they built the Great Wall in China? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 12:39 pm

You can follow the instruction below:
+ Copy the below link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX_dItS1ukI&eurl=http://walktalk.friendhood.net/sharing-stuffs-f11/do-you-know-why-they-built-the-great-wall-in-china-t50.htm?sid=747b9c6ed
+ Paste it to the below page
http://feelingtea.com/
+ Click on the button "GET", wait for a few seconds, & then feel free to download it.
Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
http://walktalk.friendhood.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you know why they built the Great Wall in China?   Do you know why they built the Great Wall in China? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you know why they built the Great Wall in China?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to WALKIE TALKIE :: Entertainment :: Sharing Stuffs-
Jump to: