Welcome to WALKIE TALKIE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to WALKIE TALKIE

Just raise your voice

HomeWEBSITEREPORTPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Group division for the opening conference of WT2 Sunday 29 Jun 2008

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hannibal
Admin
hannibal

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Group division for the opening conference of WT2 Sunday 29 Jun 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Group division for the opening conference of WT2 Sunday 29 Jun 2008   Group division for the opening conference of WT2 Sunday 29 Jun 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 4:29 pm

Dear all,
Sorry for the delay post following the email that hopefully all of you have received.
Here is the group division of WT2 for the conference held on 29 Jun 2008 (Courtesy to Ms Elevener)
Group 1 :
leader : Ryan (Huaungluan@yahoo.com )
sub-leader : Phuong Nguyen (Phuong_al@yahoo.com)
member ; Katie Tran ( Katietran203@yahoo.com)
member : Elevener

Group 2 :
leader : Do Tu Uyen ( Didouyen@yahoo.com)
sub-leader : Chu Tuan Anh hawking1122@yahoo.com
member : hannibal
member : Cogn Elly: Cognelly@yahoo.com
member : Nguyen Hoang Thanh thanhking1989@gmail.com

In the case of Fanronaldo, from 29 Jun 2008, you will officially become a member of Walkie Talkie under Mr Heart's administration. We have to do this because Ms Elevener and I will be transferred to Walkie Talkie 2 for an ease of administrative actions.

Just a quick remind of some regulations so that WT2 can start smoothly and synchronize well with the WT1:
- The leader and subleader positions are rotated among members of WT2 and members are exchanged between 2 groups of WT2 every week (Ms Elevener and I will be responsible for group division)

- The leader and subleader will work together to formulate talk topics and send them to me by Thursday of that week using the topic Leaders (click here to post your talks) in this forum

- Leaders and subleaders are in control of running the conference in their own ways (of course effectively)

- We use Skype conference

- We start at 9pm every sunday

- ENJOY

Any questions please directed to me or Ms Elevener
Back to top Go down
Elevener
Admin
Elevener

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Group division for the opening conference of WT2 Sunday 29 Jun 2008   Group division for the opening conference of WT2 Sunday 29 Jun 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 9:19 pm

Hi new memmbers,

We have to reassign new leader for group 2 because Do Tu Uyen is not ready yet. I'll assign again as following :

Group 1 :
leader : Ryan (Huaungluan@yahoo.com )
sub-leader : Phuong Nguyen (Phuong_al@yahoo.com)
member ; Katie Tran ( Katietran203@yahoo.com)
member : Elevener

Group 2 :
leader : Chu Tuan Anh hawking1122@yahoo.com
sub-leader : Nguyen Hoang Thanh thanhking1989@gmail.com
member : hannibal
member : Cogn Elly: Cognelly@yahoo.com
member : Do Tu Uyen ( Didouyen@yahoo.com)

Please let me know soon if you're unable to join in. I hope you guys understand that this conference is not formal. The position "leader" and sub-leader help prepare topic and conduct the conference smoothly. Each member takes turn in this position every week. I know that you're too new to this activity, so Mr. Hannibal and me are divided in groupn 1 and 2 to support you in the trial .

Please let us know if you have any question.
Back to top Go down
Elevener
Admin
Elevener

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Group division for the opening conference of WT2 Sunday 29 Jun 2008   Group division for the opening conference of WT2 Sunday 29 Jun 2008 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 3:20 pm

Hi All,

There is someone in your group suggested me that we should assign old member to be leader and sub-leader so that the new member will know how to do next time.

Please let me know the other voices, do you agree?. Please me know soon as I will re-arrange the learder- subleader position.

Thanks,
Back to top Go down
hannibal
Admin
hannibal

PostSubject: Re: Group division for the opening conference of WT2 Sunday 29 Jun 2008   Group division for the opening conference of WT2 Sunday 29 Jun 2008 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 6:53 pm

Sorry that I have not caught up with you guys recently. I am dead busy at the moment.
Regarding the idea of letting old members be leaders and sub-leaders, I think it's good yet unnecessary. Since Walkie Talkie was established, there are not solid rules (and even attempts to set them) of how a leader/a subleader should run an online conference. Every approach is appreciated as long as it gives each member in the group a fair chance to speak. Besides, I believe each person intuitively thinks of a way to do the job and setting a boundary around it seems to limit the creativity.
Nevertheless, the first time is always the most challenging. Since we still have more than one week before the official start, I would like suggest that we take this chance to do a small discussion. I intend to create a topic where more experienced members will give you hints on leading a group discussion and advice on other related issues. I don't want to separate new and old because who knows some new members have had much experience in this area. I hope that members of both Walkie Talkie I and II will take part in this discussion and hopefully get something out of it. By doing this, you still have advices from other groupmates but at the same time you are not tightly constrained to anyone's ideas.
Please let me know if it sounds helpful or not so that I and Ms Elevener can take action promptly.
Back to top Go down
Ryan

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Group division for the opening conference of WT2 Sunday 29 Jun 2008   Group division for the opening conference of WT2 Sunday 29 Jun 2008 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 11:59 pm

hannibal wrote:
Sorry that I have not caught up with you guys recently. I am dead busy at the moment.
Regarding the idea of letting old members be leaders and sub-leaders, I think it's good yet unnecessary. Since Walkie Talkie was established, there are not solid rules (and even attempts to set them) of how a leader/a subleader should run an online conference. Every approach is appreciated as long as it gives each member in the group a fair chance to speak. Besides, I believe each person intuitively thinks of a way to do the job and setting a boundary around it seems to limit the creativity.
Nevertheless, the first time is always the most challenging. Since we still have more than one week before the official start, I would like suggest that we take this chance to do a small discussion. I intend to create a topic where more experienced members will give you hints on leading a group discussion and advice on other related issues. I don't want to separate new and old because who knows some new members have had much experience in this area. I hope that members of both Walkie Talkie I and II will take part in this discussion and hopefully get something out of it. By doing this, you still have advices from other groupmates but at the same time you are not tightly constrained to anyone's ideas.
Please let me know if it sounds helpful or not so that I and Ms Elevener can take action promptly.

I understand the "creative" thing that u mentions. But just think that the "brand new" member become a leader and subleader, the first conference will not run smoothly, because there a lot of stuffs, that they don't known, needed to be controlled. Anyway, it's challenging, it's a small group, it's a 1 hour conference. So you may be right, even i the one suggest this idea
Back to top Go down
hannibal
Admin
hannibal

PostSubject: Re: Group division for the opening conference of WT2 Sunday 29 Jun 2008   Group division for the opening conference of WT2 Sunday 29 Jun 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:11 pm

There are absolutely no obligations at all. That is why Ms Elevener is trying to my the modest solution at the moment. Since Walkie Talkie I started with brand new members just like Walkie Talkie II is going to be, I always believe that you guys are fully capable of doing it. Nevertheless, is is reasonable to ask for assistance in the first stage. So just wait and see what results we have from Ms Elevener message and decide where we are heading next.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Group division for the opening conference of WT2 Sunday 29 Jun 2008   Group division for the opening conference of WT2 Sunday 29 Jun 2008 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Group division for the opening conference of WT2 Sunday 29 Jun 2008
Page 1 of 1